This review looks at the Barcelona Historical Fencing Event in June 2017. A number of interviews include
– Oriol Salvador of ACEA
– Arto Fama of Zwaard & Steen
– Ana Vazquez of Arcensis
– Carlo Urgel of AEEA
Here’s the podcast version of the Dijon 2017 Review. Interviews include
- Daniel Jaquet
- Mike Chidester
- Fabrice Cognot
- Enrica Angiolini
Right click to download the file here
Our review of this major European event, which this year included the launch of the Society for HEMA Studies. Interviews include
- Enrica Angiolini on her first time at Dijon as well as her work as a comic artist
- Fabrice Cognot on the event and his work as a bladesmith
- Daniel Jaquet on the launch of SHEMAS
- Mike Chidester on SHEMAS and his first experience of a European event
In this podcast we speak with Daniel Jaquet about a new academic society in HEMA: SHEMAS! But is this a path to academic elitism?
We’ve been very busy updating the website this weekend. Most important, we’ve converted many of the YouTube videos into podcast. A few have references to pictures, etc., but there’s lots to enjoy.
Podcasts can be found here.
In addition, we’ve added some short bios of Hans and Rob, as well as our friend, Enrica Angiolini, who does the artwork for the vlogs and podcasts.
Bios can be found here.